Pages

Saturday 19 March 2022

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #120 - All Things Birthday

  Hi All!


Lawn Fawn has this challenge blog where usually every two weeks a new challenge is posted.  Challenge #120 is called All Things Birthday.


During the pandemic I started creating and sending out birthday cards to some of my family then I realized that I have a lot of family members and that I'm glad I didn't start this with my whole family. I don't get to see the joy on people's faces when they get my cards very often. But during the pandemic the family members who were now receiving these cards we were "seeing" over zoom more regularly than before and I got to see the joy and excitement they had when they knew they had a "Laurie Card" in their hands. I love the feeling of joy and excitement a handmade card can bring to a person's face when they realize that someone loves them enough to create something just for them.

I wanted to create a card that would be cute for anyone no matter what age. I used the Bubbles of Joy and the Scripty Bubble Sentiments stamp sets to create all the bubbles on the background. I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on the Teal Color Vibe paper. I love the look of the large bubble with the mouse in it that I wanted to use it to create a birthday card so I added a little party hat to the mouse. 


Supplies: White Cardstock, Lawn Fawn Stamp (Bubbles of Joy, Scripty Bubble Sentiments, Birthday Koala), Simple Stories Color Vibe (Teal), Memento Black Ink, Various Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers), Tape Runner, Wink of Stella (Clear Glitter), Lawn Fawn Glue Tube, Pop Dots

Thanks Laurie

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! this is so darling and sweet! love the party hat on that sweet, little mouse! and i love all of the bubbles, too! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so cute! love all the little bubbles on the background! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete